Monday 22 September 2014

Review: Hourglass Immaculate Foundation

Hello there beauties!

Foundation. So many options, so many shades, so many finishes. We have been hearing great things about the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation and decided to give it a try. You can check out this foundation and other Hourglass products at their website:
REVIEW.
PIGMENTATION: 9/10 
For such a lightweight foundation, this covers well. I only found the need to apply one layer and the majority of hyper pigmentation and redness was covered. I went in with a concealer to correct minor spots and blemishes, but I do that with all the foundations I use. 
LONGEVITY: 7/10
Unfortunately, this foundation did not last as long as I wanted it to. I slapped it on at about noon, and by 8PM there were some patches around my chin and forehead where the foundation had almost lifted completely. It did not look uneven, just faded. I am not one to reapply foundation during the day, so this was a problem for me. 
APPLICATION: 8.5/10
This foundation does feel like it goes from liquid to powder as you apply it. It is bizarre. I applied it all over my face with my fingers, focusing on one area at a time and moving on to the next. I did see the foundation cling on to a couple dry patches, so I do not think it would be suitable for very dry skin. It did feel smooth and silicone-y, but it didn't exacerbate my fine lines or large pores. I didn't feel a need to powder this foundation because of that liquid-to-powder finish it has. I did spritz Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix to set. 
PACKAGING: 10/10
This foundation looks beautiful. The box is gorgeous, and I love the fact that the foundation comes with the pump on the side. This way you have the option to keep it simple with a screw-on top for extra space in your kit, or pop on that pump for easy dispensing. The pump works brilliantly. It is a glass bottle, which makes it feel weighty and luxe. The bottle isn't too bulky and I personally love the thin design of it. 

OVERALL: 8.6/10

Top swatch is blended into skin (you can barely see it!), bottom is just a dot of foundation. I used the shade Porcelain.
No foundation, no brows, just moisturiser. 
One layer of foundation applied with fingers. After this application, I went in with MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC20 to conceal blemishes. 
Finished look with brows, contouring, bronzer, and everything else. I love the finish of this - it gives the coverage I want while still looking natural.  
(My model was my Aunt) 

No comments:

Post a Comment