Tuesday 23 September 2014

Review: Real Techniques Colour Palettes

Hey beauties!
So I recently had the chance to meet the lovely ladies at Pixiwoo. We know. Cray. Anywho, we got some of their dope brushes and their new palettes. They have 2 sets- a neutral and a smokey set. Keep reading to hear our thoughts.
MODERN NATURAL MAKEUP KIT: 8/10
Alrighty, so to break it down this palette comes with 4 shades, a gel liner, 2 glosses, a cream highlighter and powder blusher. The palette has a great set of colours for a dramatic neutral eye or a soft 'no makeup' makeup look. The quality and pigmentation of these shadows was what sold me. I was very intrigued by the pay off and smooth texture of the powders. The gel liner was a bit sheer when used with a brush- I ended up using it as a base all over the lid instead- but it'll do the job if you layer it. It's a nice deep brown shade which is a breath of fresh air from the regular black especially since the theme is a modern natural. My only worry with the gel liner was that it may dry out quickly since it's not in an air tight packaging, but then again when have I ever used a gel liner so much that I worried about it drying? Moving on- I personally love that the glosses come in their own little bottles verses a lip palette looking thing that I fuckin' hate. I don't have to worry about eyeshadow particles falling into the gloss and getting gross. And if I want I can throw one of the shades in my purse to touch up afterwards. The shades were quite sheer however they are very wearable for basically all skin tones which I appreciate. The blusher is a soft sheer pink shade and the highlighter is a cream highlighter which I thought was interesting. If you have dry skin this is yo shit right here. The highlighter was a very wearable neutral champagne shade and since it's a cream it looks a lot more natural than a powder. If you have oily skin I suggest lightly dusting some HD powder over top to avoid any oiliness throughout the day. This palette is great for those of you who travel constantly or if you just like having everything in one place. You also have the option to take the glosses with you to reapply which is a nice addition! 


NIGHT OWL MAKEUP KIT: 7.5/10
This palette has the same style as the Modern Natural but with darker shades. I felt that the shades chosen were a bit safe, but that's mostly just personal preference. The pigmentation was just as strong and the shades were really nice and creamy. I would suggest using the black gel liner as a base to really amp up that smokey effect. I loved that one of the glosses included was a red shade. Granted, it's sheer enough so that anyone can pull it off but bold enough to make people step out of their comfort zone slightly. Think rock n' roll with bold eyes and a bold lip, but more polished for a sophisticated execution. The blusher and highlight were the same as well since they're pretty universal, however I would have liked to see a matte bronzer with this palette instead of a blusher to push the edgy night owl theme! This palette is also great for travel and includes all the shades you would need to do a bold smokey eye or a softer one- whatever your style!


No comments:

Post a Comment