Tuesday 23 September 2014

Review: L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints

Hey guys!!
You know how much we love a good glossy lip (almost as much as we love a good matte lip - well, just as much actually), so we were stoked to receive the collection of L.A. Girl Glazed Lip Paints to review. These glosses retail for $4.00 each, and there are six colours available. If you want to check them out, keep reading!  

REVIEW.

PIGMENTATION: 9/10
I have to remind myself these are glossy lip paints. Glosses aren't usually meant to be truly pigmented as opposed to lip liners or lipsticks, but these babies are. The colour that comes out of the tube is the same shade you see on the packaging, with that translucent consistency of a gloss. I like these a lot.
LONGEVITY: 8/10
So I applied the gloss when I got ready in the morning and in about three hours of talking, singing, eating, and whistling (what can I say? I can't keep still or quiet), the gloss had faded a bit but the colour was still present. I think these would wear best when paired with a lipliner as touch-ups every three hours or less would be inconvenient during a busy day.
APPLICATION: 9/10
These little ladies went on smooth as butter and blended well. I like that you can sheer them out or build the colour up easily. They also smell of peppermint which I find pleasant in lip  products, and they felt very moisturising on my lips. 
PACKAGING: 7/10
I love that these come in a squeeze tube since you can get all of the product out, but the actual applicator was not my ffavourite Even though it is at an angle and fits well on the lips, the flat plastic kind of moves the product around and lifts it a bit. I found I had to squeeze the product on my lips straight from the tube and then go in with a lip brush and create the defined shape of my lips. You could potentially apply these lip paints straight from the tube in a pinch, but you wouldn't get a defined lip with them. 
OVERALL: 8.25/10
I think these glossy lip paints are bomb. I do. I love that they are pigmented and smell of peppermint. I like the initial colour range (although I would love to see more nudes and maybe a blue or green for kicks), and I can get over the fact that the applicator isn't my all-time favourite. For the very affordable price and great colour payoff I would definitely recommend them. 
Have you tried these? If so, what do you think about them?
Close up of applicator
Swatches Left-Right: Babydoll, Bombshell, Blushing, Coy, Hot Mess, Pin-up
Babydoll - Bubblegum pink.
Bombshell - Hot pink.
Blushing - One of my favorites!! A deep pinky-mauve.
Coy - Another of my favorites. I do love a purple lip.
Hot Mess - lovely coral.
Pin-up. Beautiful creamy red.

No comments:

Post a Comment