Tuesday 23 September 2014

Review: NYX Cosmetics Invincible Fullest Coverage Foundation

Hey beauties!
I thought it would be fun to review a full coverage foundation that is also a drug store brand. It's hard to find something that's full coverage, affordable, cruelty free and won't fuck up your skin!

REVIEW.

PIGMENTATION: 9/10
This stuff was suuuper pigmented. And since it's a full coverage foundation I sort of expected that. I liked the variety of shades and the attention to the different tones. I feel like it's hard for some drug store brands to nail the tone of skin. Since this foundation is thick they advise to shake before using since the pigments may separate, but I didn't really have any trouble with this. I liked the fact that a small amount of the product covered my entire face and I didn't need to reapply in any trouble spots. I also felt like the foundation showed its true shade once you worked it into the skin.
LONGEVITY: 7/10
This foundation had a bit of a dewy finish so the longevity on my skin was about 6-7 hours which is still pretty damn impressive for a full coverage foundation; at least for me considering I could donate the amount of oil that my skin produces to BP. Full coverage foundations normally break up on my skin and they need a lot of maintenance, but I was pleased with the longevity on this one. I did have to powder my t-zone again about half way through the day which is pretty standard.
APPLICATION: 8/10
I used two different techniques to apply this foundation to see which worked best for me. I normally use a Beauty Blender, however I felt like that put way more product on my face than I needed which made me look a bit cakey after concealer and powder over top. I preferred using my fingers and lightly dabbing the foundation on my skin and working it in circular motions focusing most of the product in my trouble areas. Because of its slightly dewy finish I would definitely advise powdering over top especially if you have oily skin.
PACKAGING: 8/10
The packaging was a pretty standard 25 ml tube which should last a long time considering how full coverage it is. I liked that I could squeeze the product out verses using a pump. I feel like pumps don't let you get ALL the product out. There was also a small star shaped window to see the shades which helps you get an idea of the range of shades available. My only critique here would be that the shades showing in the window weren't always true to the product in the bottle. I would definitely swatch it onto your hand and work it into the skin to make sure you have the right shade and more importantly, the right tone.
OVERALL: 8/10
I was very impressed with this foundation. I love the wide range of shades available and the attention to undertones. The $12 price tag also makes it very attractive especially if you don't normally go for heavy coverage foundation but you want to try one out or get it to use during special occasions. I was happy with the longevity and finish of it considering my skin type and what little product I actually needed to cover my face. Swag.


All 15 shades in order from lightest to darkest. I swatched it on a white piece of paper since there wasn't enough arm space for me to get everything lookin' right. I'm shade #4- Light which has a yellow undertone. Top row- Shades 1-6. Middle row- Shades 7-12. Bottom row 13-15.

No comments:

Post a Comment