Monday 22 September 2014

Review: Real Technique Eye Brushes

Hey there beauties!

As make-up artists and addicts, we are constantly looking for our new favourites. From lipstick to brushes, we are on the hunt for products that deliver and stay within budget. This is why we are so excited to review some of the eye brushes from the Real Techniques line! If you want to check out more of the products from this line, you can visit the website below. Enjoy!
Left to right: Base Shadow brush, Shading brush, Detailer brush, Accent brush, Silicone Liner brush
Above is a picture of the brushes with a ring to compare sizing. Some of these brushes are smaller than you'd think. 
REVIEW.
We are going to begin with overall performance and then break it down brush by brush. 
OVERALL: 9/10

BASE SHADOW BRUSH - I liked this brush for slightly blending out the base eyeshadow once placed on the lid. I do not think it is dense enough to pack on the color, but the shape allows for a moderate grade of blending. I especially liked it for buffing out the edges of the eyeshadow into the places I would typically highlight.
SHADING BRUSH - I love this brush! It is the perfect density for packing on colour. I love it for smoking out the bottom lash line, and for placing colour on the center of the lid. It is the brush I have had for the longest and it is a MUST in my kit. It just performs the way all brushes should.
DETAILER BRUSH - This is actually categorized as a face brush, but I love it as an eye brush. I use this for defining the brows or 'carving' them out with concealer, for cleaning the edges of cut-crease looks, and for creating precise shapes. 
ACCENT BRUSH - Another one of my absolute favorites. This brush is very small, making the precise application of inner former highlight a breeze. This brush is great for working on smaller eyes as well, as not everyone has ample lid space to work with. It also works great with applying pigments and glitters to smaller areas.
SILICONE LINER BRUSH - I am on the fence with this brush. I like the concept of it, but when applying standard gel liner, the majority of the product stays on the brush. I find it works best when working with more fluid products or liners that have been diluted with a mixing medium of sorts. I mainly use this brush for mapping out shapes and creating hair strokes for eyebrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment